9th May, 2018
3 years since I updated the website... well, a lot has happened in 3 years so here it goes...
- Between 2015 - 2017 I took on the role of musical director for the Kew Festival which enabled me to form a small orchestra of students backed by members of the Really Big Band... no easy task, however over the 3 years I held the role for, we got in Jimmy Cupples, Kylie Auldist, Tracy Bartrum, Bobby Valentine and Wilbur Wilde to entertain the crowds.
- I have also been musical director for the Great Australian Gala Ball working with Bobby Valentine and Mark Sydow to put on a show featuring the who's who of entertainment in Australia to raise money for "Growing Hope" which is an initiative of the Jesuit Social Services.
- I also found out towards the end of 2015 that a client of 5 years had been removing my name off arrangements I had written for him (only ever PDF's are ever delivered to anyone), placing his name on them and then sending them around the world (taking the credit and possibly gaining work from them). There were a total of 19 or so arrangements and a few horn transcriptions which passed the eyes of the original arrangers & players. I wrote an article for the Music Arrangers Guild of Australia which can be found here - information on how to join MAGA can be found here. The support I have recieved has been amazing and thank you all... I hope karma comes and kicks his butt...
- I'm very lucky that the usual projects come around each year, one of my favorite's is arranging for the Victorian State School Spectacular. This is extremely challenging, where I have to arrange pop songs for an 80 piece symphony orchestra and 2000 voice massed choir, it gets harder when the original recordings don't have horns and strings... the students do a magnificent job performing the songs under the helm of Chong Lim (musical director) and Nathan Scerri (associate musical director).
- I have been uploading some arrangements to SMP Press, check out what I have here... more will be uploaded as I find the time...
- The Really Big Band is back! We hit the studio in March (2018) and have launched a crowd funding campaign to finish off the album... contact has been made with venues with a possible gig happening in August, Find out more here. Video of "A New Look" is below. Please click here for the crowd funding page to support the project...
17th December 2015
My new site!!! Yeah!!! A little while since the last update, but here we go.
Some projects over the last couple of months have been:
- Dancing with the Stars - Australia (arranging)
- Great Aussie Ball (musical director & arranger for Kate Cebrano, Jon Stevens, Hetty Kate, Bob Valentine and The Chantoozies)
- Assisting Jigsaw Music on some David Hobson arrangements
September 7th 2015
This is my first update for the year so it's kind of lengthy.
2015 has been busy so far, currently working on the Victorian State School Spectacular. The students have been working hard, my involvement has been arranger, Rhythm Section tutor, Trombone tutor and Keyboard/Synthesizer programming.
The show performances are on September 12th (2pm and 7pm), tickets can be purchased here (http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/events/Pages/SchoolsSpectickets.aspx)
In among all of this there have been plenty of other arranging, gigs and teaching.
I've also been put onto the Executive Board for MAGA (Music Arrangers Guild of Australia) - what this space for some exciting developments.
Some other projects for 2015 have included:
- Arranging for Stanley Allyn Owen
- Arranging for Giovanni Washington - Wright (Gio created and operates the 'Usual Suspects - L.A Studio Musician' Website - www.lastudiomusicians.info)
- Producing and arranging for Simavi Ulec, album to be release early next year through EMI
- Musical Director for the Kew Festival, this is a piece I wrote for the Finale called 'Shining Light'
- Copying for Victorian Opera
- Copying for Richard Gill 'Rememberance'
- Lots of arranging for various schools and gigs.
Some 2013 - 2014 Projects
- Producer/engineer for Euan Doidge 'Let it Sing' album, available on itunes.
- Arranging for Victorian State School Spectacular
- Arranging for Australia Philharmonic Orchestra featuring Anothony Callea, Vika & Linda Bull, Daryl Braithwaite & Tim Campbell.
- Arranging for Auckland Philharmonia featuring Ronan Keating and Mel C
- Arranging, playing Trombone and Synth for 'Let's Get it on - life and music of Marvin Gaye' (https://www.facebook.com/letsgetitonmarvingaye?fref=ts)
- Arranging for Robbistine Myles (Royal Caribbean Cruise Ships)
- Arranging for Jonathan Whitlow (Royal Caribbean Cruise Ships)
- Arranging for Bella Note agency (New York)
- Arranging for Samys Band (Brazil)
- Arranging for Dancing with the Stars (Australia)